Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update employee email and information after backend account is created

Is there a permission or  something that can allow me to update employee emails and information after they have created an account?

We  are enterprise and quite often we need to make , email changes or updates with position changes and its becoming incredible difficulty to do so.

I used to be able to call CS tier 1 and get emails switched now, they all have to escalate a case, archiving doesn't work because there email is still in use its just dead not gone.  I need the email addresses on the users and if they are archived  you cannot re use emails. allow me to either change emails on archived users or give  me back the ability to switch emails around.

10 REPLIES 10

https://central.toasttab.com/s/article/Updating-Employee-Information#changeemail

Updating Employee Personal Information 
Managers and restaurant administrators can update their employee's personal information via the Employees page at any time prior to the employee activating their account.  For example, a manager may have sent an employee an email asking them to activate their account.  The manager can update the employee's email to another email at any point to ensure the employee activates their account. But once the employee has activated their account, the manager or restaurant administrator can no longer update their email, password, or any other personal information

Apparently, Toast does not allow restaurant manger or administrator to change or modify employee's information after employee's account has been activated. However, an individual employee can log in to Toast to change their personal information including their email address if they have access to the back-end.

This is exactly my issue, we have location specific emails for managers ect. So if one walks out or quits  that email is essentially in that old employees name  and we cant update it to the new managers information / without calling customer service, and now waiting for an "expert" to reach back out in 2-14 days.

Do you allow your managers to create their own password then they first start? Since you already have assigned email address for your managers, I guess you can also have pre-assgined password for each email address and ask your managers not to change the code. So you have still full access to Toast and will be able to change the account information even when your managers quit. It won't work when your managers change the password. You might still need to ask Toast to change it for you. Toast should have had a "emergency password" for restaurant groups like you, which still allows you to log in when you don't have the password.

Can you not just archive the employee that is no longer there and create a new one using that email address again?