Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wing Special

Cndgroovy
Soup II

We have had a $1 wing special for a couple of weeks on Sunday and Tuesday (Under special Menus for those days) the staff is prompted for quantity of wings, then they are required to input sauce choice. We then have Wing Mods button (optional/Force Show) with Ranch, B Cheese, Celery, Crispy, SOS, Ect. I turned the menu on manually  today to try and fix something and now all my wing mods multiply by the amount of wings ordered??? Myself and Toast Support have went through everything on these menus and there is nothing different and nothing on any of them that would make it "act" the way its acting. Example: Input Quantity of wings for $1: $15 Wings/ Hot/ Ranch should come out to be $15  for wings plus $1 for side of ranch. It is now today ringing up $15  Wings/ Hot/ $15 Ranch even when only using the wing mod button one time. The wing mods button still works correctly for all my wings under my Food Menu?  I have had Toast for 7 years and now and never have to call for support but this is maddening! Anyone with any helpful ideas?  The way they want us to ring them up now completely dose not show what modifier goes to what wings....

4 REPLIES 4

What did you change? With the setup you described this would be the expected behavior. Unless I'm missing something, you have an item for a singular wing with price of $1 and you have prompt for quantity set to yes, so any modifier that is charged will also be multiplied since it is essentially 12 of that item, and so it would also 12x the modifier selected. 

Interesting. That is probably why I’ve never used the prompt for quantity before in all these years. I changed the amount of wings to 1/$1 because it was set before to increments of 5 wings and the kitchen is putting every order of 5 wings on a separate plate, even if one person ordered 15 BBQ wings. I then tried to set increments of 5 or 10 but then I cannot see in the backend how many of each increment was sold for inventory. It just tells me I sold 75 orders not wether it was 5 or 10…. Any help is appreciated. Just trying to see inventory but also want one customer to be able to order 25 wings of one kind/ add ranch or whatever mod and it be easy for the kitchen to see it’s one person and not 5 separate plates when quick ordered. 

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

create an item "wings" and create a modifier for size: 5pcs, 10 pcs, or prompt for qty under item "wings" should work for inventory purpose. And since it's entered as an item with modifier specifying the number of wings, there shouldn't be a problem when plating

Won't be great for reporting (but it can still be done). You could use size pricing and then still have the 5 wing increments to keep it simple. This would work best if you have it setup to print sizes inline with the item. So it would show 5 special wings 10 special wings (or whatever you name the wing item) etc, and then your modifiers under that. Other option would be to use a modifier(s), you could also set that as prompt for quantity if you wanted.