Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z report / Tips

Hey ! Had my first night at the bar with Toast and ran into some issues on the reporting side. We are a small bar with only two bartenders on a shift (no servers, no back of house, etc) tips are pooled between bartenders and bartenders have access to do the reporting at the end of the night since there is not always a manager on until the end of the shift. We utilize one handheld and one main POS with a cash drawer. My issues were:

1. The cash sales and what was owed to the drawer were not the same. We used the handheld in addition to the main POS throughout service, and those cash sales weren't connected to our main (and only) pos drawer. How do I fix this?

2. Our Z report did not include credit card tips. We want to be able to see all credit card tips between the handheld and the main POS every night. 

3. Do we need to create a "bar login" for everyone on shift to ring under? Does this allow us to see total sales/tips/etc on the z report?  tips are pooled and it doesn't matter who is ringing what at our space.

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Alli

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just search UI options in the backend, or under Front of House, UI Options. Device setup is found on the individual devices, in the same menu you would find close day etc, will depend on permissions, but will likely need a manager number to get to it. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

rcmck
Dessert I

1. You need to have the handheld assigned the printer with the cash drawer attached under the device setup on that handheld with open cash drawer set to yes, otherwise cash sales will go into hand of whoever is taking them. 

2. You can turn on and off what you want to appear on Z and shift reports under UI settings.

3. Yes a dummy login would be best anytime you have multiple people working together. 

Also review your shift review closeout settings under UI options. 

Thank you rcmck! 

How do I find UI settings for the Z report, what tab is this under? And where is the device setup located? 

Thank you!

Just search UI options in the backend, or under Front of House, UI Options. Device setup is found on the individual devices, in the same menu you would find close day etc, will depend on permissions, but will likely need a manager number to get to it.