Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards

Hello! When a customer says that the rewards are not showing up on their account what do I do? Also, how do I get someone off of someone else's account? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

They might be speaking about the Toast Takeout App, but you can manually send them rewards information via email. Rewards are linked to credit cards or gift cards, I'm not really sure what you mean by removing someone from the account, if you have a screenshot of what you are speaking about I would happen to check it out!

Looking Up a Toast Loyalty Rewards Balance

Manually Adding / Adjusting Gift & Rewards Balances

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

josh212
Community Ambassador

So you need to make sure the rewards accoutn is linked to their cards. 

Also I wouldn't reccomend using the manual adjustment because that is not going to solve the root of the problem. Do you know who is getting the wrong rewards etc.

A little background of toast rewards and the technical side of things

You can add rewards to a customer using the add rewards button on the order screen on the POS. You can lookup this way also. 

If you do this the POS will look for rewards and add rewards to that transaction, provided the customer hits claim rewards if it is their first time using that payment method.

The rewards system will take whatever info is in the customer object for the order and add it to their account. 

Heres where it becomes messy

If a rewards account is tied to a credit card transaction and points are earned from that (tap/key/swipe/insert) the payment must be voided then the card must be removed from that customers account and only then can you re-ring another card to get the points. (Loyalty GUID is attached to the payment GUID), and that card is now always going to be linked to that cutomer unlesss you.

1. Make an order with accurate guest info. 

2. Add the loyalty account on the customer object before going to payment screen

3. Run the payment that was unlinked from the other card then click attach loylaty and add the new card number that you had just created for the correct customer. Then go on the backend and pull up the check and verify that the Loyalty GUID on the customer object matches the payment object. You must run a payment for it to be fixed or it will revert. 

If you need clarification reach out