Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card numbers disappear

We have had several nights where multiple guests’ credit card numbers have disappeared from Toast.

This began Wednesday.  Toast has not been helpful, its as if they dont understand the problem being presented.  

This is the situation:

- Credit Card is pre authorized with approved.  The name of person appears under the tab.  Toast confirms pre authorized.  
- Orders are taken.

-When customer is checking out, the system no longer has the card number.  The tab name remains , the card number and ability to charge the customer has vanished.

- We have experienced instances where we catch the issue while the paying customer is still in the building.  We also have lost revenue when customers walked.  

I have turned to Toast Support for help, they have provided zero. 

This has happened no less than 10 times in 3 days.  
Has anyone else experienced this?  If so, is there a solution?

Also, did Toast take any responsibility or provide any help?  If Toast was responsive, who do I need to talk to?

Thank you in advance for any direction you can provide.

8 REPLIES 8

What app version are you on? I know there were some changes in 2.72 with how the banner is displayed, but it shouldn't remove the card itself.  You are saying there is no longer a saved card on the payment screen not just the banner missing on screen? 

pre-autho.png

I have recently updated the apps.  

The card receives pre approval, then at some point, the saved card information allowing for charge vanishes.  The tab name (customer name) remains, but system no longer acknowledges that a card had previously been entered (swiped).

This has occurred using handhelds, and main POS terminal (cash register).  At first we thought it was a handheld issue.  Tonight it happened on both handheld and Main Terminal.  

I do not use pre-auth so I can't speak to it being a widespread issue or just local, I would try to keep a note of the check numbers and dates when it occurs, will be helpful for support. Maybe @Rob can get you in contact with some higher level support.