Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow multiple of the same discount

We are located in a resort area, and a couple of the resorts/timeshares offer discounted meal vouchers to their owners.  The vouchers are presented and treated like a discount on the meal.  We then invoice the resort/timeshare for the redemptions.  Our guests can purchase multiple vouchers to be applied to their bill.  The discount is set to a fixed $ off on the entire check.  I've checked the 'Allow with other discounts' box, but apparently that doesn't work on this type of coupon.

Do I have any options other than making it an open $ amount and locking it to manager permissions?  

10 REPLIES 10

Assuming you already did this and it didn't work, then you would have to change it as it says in the "Note" section and make the discount set to fixed check or open. Which I believe you noted in the original message. 

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

There are bulk discounts, but they don't work in the way that you are trying to use it, just applies the same discount to multiple eligible items on the check.

Since the voucher is basically being treated as a form of payment, could you just create another payment method for them and apply them to the check like cash? 

I didn't really mean to his this as the 'accept as solution' button, but your idea was on my list of solutions.  Setting it up as a payment creates a little more accounting havoc, could also be a viable solution.

I ended up making it an open $ comp requiring a manager.    We'll see how that goes.  After thinking about it, making it a payment would complicate the accounting beyond it's existing complexity.

Thanks for the input!

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

This method might be stupid but it's an idea. What is the average number of vouchers used? If it's not a lot, let's say, average is around 4 vouchers, you could set up 5 check level discounts with different discount amount such as $25(1 voucher), $50(2), $75(3), and $100(4). You could also set up the minimum amount spent at check level for each discount so discount buttons are displayed only when minimum is met. Anything greater than $100 or 4 vouchers will require a manager to apply open $ comp. This way, your cashiers can still handle some of the vouchers and they don't need to request for a manager every time when someone uses a voucher. I would also include this in my next update on the feature request post. It would be nice to be able to apply the same discount more than one time.