Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expediter Fulfillment

Hi, is there a way to have a print-only (no KDS) expediter station automatically fulfill orders when the kitchen prep station fulfills their part? We have a sandwich shop/bakery and have a high volume of take out orders. The sandwiches go to a KDS in the kitchen. The bakery/drink items along with the sandwiches are sent to an expediter printer with no KDS. The back-end is set so that when the order is KDS-fulfilled the order will be marked as order ready in the Orders Hub. However it seems since we do not have a KDS for our front of house items that do not go to the kitchen KDS, the KDS-fulfillment is not triggering. Those bakery items and such going to the expediter seem to be lost in limbo. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So you just have one KDS in the kitchen and it is setup as a prep station? You should set that KDS as the expeditor, and treat the printer as just prep station for the drinks/bakery, if you don't want the drinks showing up on the KDS uncheck send to expeditor for that prep station.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

So you just have one KDS in the kitchen and it is setup as a prep station? You should set that KDS as the expeditor, and treat the printer as just prep station for the drinks/bakery, if you don't want the drinks showing up on the KDS uncheck send to expeditor for that prep station.

Yes, one KDS  setup as a prep station. Thank you for the suggestion. That would solve the order fulfillment. However, I’d still like a consolidated expediter ticket (with food, bakery, and drinks) with payment status to print. Would I still be able to print this without all of that showing on the KDS?

Okay, so maybe leave the printer as is if it is printing everything the way you want it already, but still put the KDS in expeditor mode so that you can get the desired on fulfillment triggers, but under device setup for the KDS > ticket display options, uncheck the drinks/bakery prep station so it does not show up.

I went with your first suggestion. The KDS is setup as an expediter screen. I have the printer setup for the kitchen and added the bakery prep station to that ticket under additional prep stations. I lose the payment status, but I just have takeout orders printing guest receipts auto now. Thanks for your help! I was only looking in the back-end. I hadn't explored the settings on the actual device much.