cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to? Customer needs to select "Combo" modifier before "Choose your drink" modifier will exhibit

Hi folks.

So, I have two categories in my menu titled "sandwiches" and "burgers". The items in these categories have a modifier called "Make it a Combo" for an additional $3.99. The customer is allowed to selected this modifier if they would like to add fries and a soda or water to their order. I need to set up the modifier with these conditions:

1) The "Make it a Combo" option is shown under each item under the two selected menu categories 

2) "Make it a Combo" is optional

3) If "Make it a Combo" is selected, it prompts customer to select which drink they would like to choose

Question 1: Would the drinks be included in the same modifier group or a different one? What would be the best way to set it up?

Question 2: How do I make it so that the "free" drinks are only offered if the "Make it a Combo" is selected? 

4) Certain drinks (e.g. can of soda or water) would be free of charge but certain drinks (e.g. Snapple or Mexican bottled coke) would be an additional cost.

5) Customer can only select one combo modifier and one drink modifier. 

To reiterate: Need a modifier called "Make it a Combo" for two of my menu categories. Need a modifier "Choose Your Drink" for "Make it a Combo" modifier. For the "Choose Your Drink" modifier to be exhibited, the customer would have to select the "Make it a Combo" modifier. Certain drinks would be $0 (included in the cost of the combo) but a few premium drinks would be an additional charge. Customer can only select each modifier, "Make it a Combo" and "Choose Your Drink", once.

Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3

You would need to use a nested modifier for the Make it a Combo modifier, set the drink mods however you want, price at the modifier level so you can get an upcharge for the premium drinks.

Untitled-2023-05-27-0653.png

If you allow the same modifiers to be added more than once in the group that the Make it A Combo mod is a part of you can override it for just the combo mod.

Untitled.png

Would you please provide step by step instruction on how to achieve this? I'm struggling to find these settings. Thank you!

These instructions show how to create Modifiers and Nexted modifiers:

Building Nested Modifiers (Adding Modifiers to Another Modifier)
Modifier Groups and Modifier Options

These settings can be found in the Modifier Properties - Group view

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast