Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate Sales by Day Part

Cosmos
Soup III

I do not believe Toast accurately reports sales per service / day part data.  Recently I have started to look at our sales by time and do not agree with how Toast is reporting them.

Our service hours are the following:
Lunch 12pm-4pm
Happy Hour 4pm-8pm
Dinner 8pm-11pm
Late Night 11pm-2am

In an example- 
Customer arrives and the check is started at 3:58pm
The first sales item is sent at 3:59pm for $3.75
The next items are not entered until 4:10pm and in total the check is open for 3 1/2 hours.  The check total is $480.50 and Toast reports all $480.50 sales in the Lunch service day part.  This is a complete inaccurate representation of sales by service day part AND also affects labor cost reporting.

To be accurate- the reporting should place $3.75 in Lunch and $476.75 in Happy Hour.   Does anyone else have this issue?  I have contacted support and was told they would "put in the feature request".  I find it hard to believe requesting accurate sales data needs to be a "feature request".

11 REPLIES 11

Cosmos
Soup III

I took the time to go through the month of December and compared how Toast reports sales by period vs. the actual items ordered during said time frame.  I used our Lunch 12pm-4pm and the difference is almost $3700!  How Toast uses check start time and tracks all sales in that period is inaccurate and a false representation of actual sales.

Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 10.41.25 AM.png

Thanks for taking the time to explain this; I will pass this feedback on to my team.

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast