Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local printing

I need to be able to print orders for wine bottles to the printer assigned to the terminal. 

14 REPLIES 14

If they already don't print anywhere else the easiest thing would be to just manually print a guest receipt and hand it to them. If they are currently printing somewhere else you can use non printing prep stations to stop them from printing wine bottles from terminals you don't want. Or pick the most centrally located terminal and send all wine bottle to that printer. 

I get it. Yet, not the most efficient when you start adding more bottles to the check, the same again or a different one. Server would have to circle/ highlight the bottle needed.

I feel this is a basic functions that major POS always allow.

No it would not be a great solution, I think sending to the closest printer and maybe rerouting to another based on service areas (if you have multiple) to one closest in that area would be better. I'm not sure why it's not an option, maybe this post will get it some attention at least.

It's doable with item rerouting. Just make sure you have permission to change the setting and menus in the back-end.

They want to route right back to the printer next to the terminal it was sent from, do you know a way to do that with item routing easily? Only thing I could think of would be to create a unique revenue center for each terminal and assign them to each one, and create sperate item routes for each one, depending on how many they have that could be a mess and also would ruin the revenue center reporting.