cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyalty Signup - ON POS with NO Check

Sdaniel
Community Ambassador

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know how we can sign a guest up for our loyalty when they don't have a check? Specifically on the POS? I know guests can sign up online, however, we have run into scenarios where a group comes in, one pays for the entire bill and uses their loyalty number, however, the other guests that don't have a check want to sign up. If it's possible to get them signed up using a handheld that would be great. I also know you can sign a guest up on a closed check, but if the closed check already has a linked loyalty, are we able to sign up other guests using that closed check? 

Thank you!

Sayra 

Sayra Daniel, Community Ambassador
Egg Harbor Cafe
Mililani, Hawaii
5 REPLIES 5

If you use a closed check with a card it will link that card to their account and get the points, I don't think you can do it if it already has a loyalty account used on the check, if you use a closed cash check they will get points for the total of that check.
I put a link to the online signup on the iPad at the host stand but that's not an option for everyone, are you able to get to the rewards signup page from the browser on the handheld?  I know a lot of sites are blocked, but if you can you could bookmark the site on the handhelds and do it from there.  Another option would be QR codes at the tables and they could signup themselves.

I was hoping it can be done on the POS, since that would be the quickest way. I can try accessing the loyalty link on a handheld, but like you mentioned a lot of things tend to be blocked. I'd go the QR route, but we already have other QR codes on the table. 

Egg Harbor Cafe
Mililani, Hawaii

Yeah it would be better if it was just built into the POS, not sure why it isn't. I tried putting in a free item and closing the check but rewards signup isn't clickable when there is no balance. I'm thinking you should be able to get to it on the browser since it's on the toasttab domain. 

Yes, I tried ringing up a free item as well and no luck. I'll try out your suggestion of opening the link on the browser. 🙂

Egg Harbor Cafe
Mililani, Hawaii