Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer setup

We setup the main terminal and then the kitchen area terminal for the workers to view orders. For some reason the printer in the back kitchen will print but gives and error and the register receipt printer does too. Not sure why we are getting these errors and QR code to scan to troubleshoot. Any ideas or just point me in the proper direction to just start all over? We want to print the receipt off to the customer at the register printer, and in the kitchen, we want to print the order and the receipt to put with the meal. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes they have to be on the meraki, or into a switch that is uplinked from the meraki, there would be no way the terminals could communicate with anything if it is not since the meraki router is isolated from the main network router and switch in a double NAT configuration. (router behind another router)

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

What is the error you are getting?

I’m not there at the moment, but it was saying the printer was offline, which it wasn’t and was giving a QR code to troubleshoot. I think the parallel banner that kept popping up was saying  retry printing, select another, troubleshoot, and one other thing. Then it would list the receipt information above it. Something like this picture, but not sure if that is is exactly what it said at the top. Same options at the bottom though. 

IMG_2502.jpeg

Are the devices connected wireless? Do you not have the option of wired? It is correct you are on the wrong network, should be on the Wi-Fi ending with TOAST, it should have moved over to that automatically. Try manually swapping to the Wi-Fi network to the one ending in TOAST. 

The network team remoted in last night and told us to make sure we had Wi-Fi on the terminal off. Verified we had an IP through Ethernet rj-45. The printers are on the same switch that everything is hardwired to.