Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This new authentication way of logging in is straight garbage

I get what toast was trying to do with logging in mobile, letting your devices security (fingerprint or face) log you in "faster" but it's literally now an EXTRA step to login EVERY time. 

Why if I authenticate with my fingerprint, do I STILL get the captcha stuff? How dumb is that, I just proved I am not a robot, also it's not integrated into my phones platform so it doesn't of course just populate my authentication then login no, my phone has to ask if its okay every time then loads to a new screen then of course can't forget the Captcha my god no what if the robot's got my face somehow.

Seriously, the webapp isn't great but logging in before was at least somewhat easy. How long do we need to wait till there is a dedicated app for us to check/see toast reports? Square and Lightspeed both have these and they're slick as all get out. Toast could do this if they want but they just continue to not or say "oh we're working on one" bull.

Please, I am begging you, make it faster to login on mobile. Cut the incessant captcha stuff after it's been even an hour. Even my bank in't that bad.

/rant

2 REPLIES 2

I haven't seen a captcha since I set it up (on up to date chrome at least) only when logging in on a new device.  

captcha.png

josh212
Community Ambassador

I turned off two factor… I must do 45 captchas a day…you need to allow window management and redirects