Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tickets randomly not sending to kitchen

We've been having this issue for a few months. Orders will send to our expo screen but not the kds screen.

Seemingly at random, some orders will send only to expo and not to the kds. I've been tracking this issue for a couple of months. Originally I though it might be a specific item wasn't configured correctly, but the orders don't have any one shared item across all of them and all of the items will fire on other tickets.

I then thought maybe it was an offline terminal, but the orders can be from online ordering, a handheld, or a stationary terminal. So it really does seem to be a random problem.

Our sister site is having a similar problem and also hasn't been able to find a solution. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you solve it?

2 REPLIES 2

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

There are several things we can try to troubleshoot here:

1) Do you use meal pacing/course firing?
2) Does this issue only occur to certain dining option?
3) Are all your KDS hardwired?
4) Have you tried to power cycle the Ethernet switch?

rcmck
Dessert I

Assuming they are hard wired (they should be, if not that could be your issue as well) I would start with a new ethernet patch cable to the KDS.  It's the most common cause of intermittent connection issues, they can take a beating in a kitchen environment, I keep a box full of spares for this reason.