Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyalty Points

I have a couple of customers this week that say they are not getting their points in their accounts. MY question is: do customers need to sign up for a new account at every toast vendor the visit? That would be a pain that I personally wouldn't ever consider. 

If they only need to register one time and can accumulate points at each toast restaurant..... shoot, how do I deal with this??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nbunda
Community Ambassador

They do need to sign up separately for each rewards program they want to join. If the phone number they provide is the same across restaurants, and if they have a Toast account with the same phone number, the Toast Takeout app will show multiple restaurants' rewards programs. Other than that, everything is separate between restaurants.

To diagnose guests not receiving rewards properly, make sure of a few things:

1. Ensure that the guest was not purchasing a gift card. Guests do not earn loyalty points by purchasing gift cards, but they can earn by paying with a gift card
  2. Have the guests use the online lookup link to check their rewards balance. Sometimes the printout at the bottom of the receipt is inaccurate. The link can be found in Marketing > Loyalty > Settings > Settings > Promote your program.
  3. Using the Advanced Properties page, select "Exclude from rewards program?" from the Show/hide dropdown and make sure all the items you want to be eligible for rewards have a "No" in that column.
  4. Check your "Other Payment Options" to ensure any alternate payment methods you've set up that you want to be rewards-eligible are set that way.

Nick Bunda, Community Ambassador
Anderson's Frozen Custard
Buffalo, NY

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

nbunda
Community Ambassador

They do need to sign up separately for each rewards program they want to join. If the phone number they provide is the same across restaurants, and if they have a Toast account with the same phone number, the Toast Takeout app will show multiple restaurants' rewards programs. Other than that, everything is separate between restaurants.

To diagnose guests not receiving rewards properly, make sure of a few things:

1. Ensure that the guest was not purchasing a gift card. Guests do not earn loyalty points by purchasing gift cards, but they can earn by paying with a gift card
  2. Have the guests use the online lookup link to check their rewards balance. Sometimes the printout at the bottom of the receipt is inaccurate. The link can be found in Marketing > Loyalty > Settings > Settings > Promote your program.
  3. Using the Advanced Properties page, select "Exclude from rewards program?" from the Show/hide dropdown and make sure all the items you want to be eligible for rewards have a "No" in that column.
  4. Check your "Other Payment Options" to ensure any alternate payment methods you've set up that you want to be rewards-eligible are set that way.

Nick Bunda, Community Ambassador
Anderson's Frozen Custard
Buffalo, NY

Hey Nick. None of these are really addressing the issue. The customers claim they have signed up, successfully at other restaurants, but not mine. They do not show up in the rewards members list. One even screen shot the form filled out but still isn't enrolled.

I signed her up as a customer in the POS and noticed that she was signed up two other times with the names a bit different for example one time there was only a first initial....

Based on the conversation here, it sounds like the customers are not entering the correct information. There isn't anything Toast can do with how the current system is to remedy this, but this is good feedback. 

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

I am having the same issues. I have customers that are loyalty members. Shows in the POS they are loyalty but they do not show on the rewards member list.  I have multiple customers a day asking why they aren't getting points. And I can't figure it out.