Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion Regarding Dining Options for Delivery

pizzashop
Community Ambassador

We had an incident today where a customer called in an order for delivery (We use TDS / Delivery by DoorDash), but our cashier mistakenly selected the wrong option. The cashier selected "DoorDash - Delivery" instead of "Delivery by DoorDash"

pizzashop_0-1707893876834.png

As you can see, this is quite the honest mistake given the placement of the two, the small size of the buttons, and the text and behavior of the action being nearly identical. How do we make this type of mistake impossible in the future? I can't reorder the buttons to move the correct delivery option towards the top, and I can't hide the options that you can't even use anyway (Toast Pickup, and both DoorDash options come in via online - they are NEVER keyed in on the POS in-store, so why are they here??)

I'm totally confused as to the design/functionality of this screen. We are quick service, and so do a "Is this for here or to-go" for every single order and this screen is prompted to capture the preference. The buttons are tiny, it's so confusing, and half the options you should never select for ANY reason. 

What's the story here? How do we avoid our cashiers making this mistake in the future and get the screen's design changed to better reflect the actual choice we need to make hundreds of times a day. Thanks so much!

Jacob Knobel, Co-Owner
Pleasure Pizza Downtown
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Something interesting is that when you disable TDS, the dining option will become editable. I changed the order sequence and re-enable TDS. The order seems to stick. However, I would suggest that you contact Toast Support first. I don't use TDS anymore so I'm not sure if making change like this will mess up the system.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

You can reorganize the dining option order and move "delivery by doordash" option forward to reduce the chance of misclick. Train your employees. There isn't much you can do at the moment. Hope Toast will make an update so dining option can be hidden just like how you can do with other payment types.

It won't let you reorder the Doordash options. They always go last , are next to each other, and are not editable 😞

Jacob Knobel, Co-Owner
Pleasure Pizza Downtown

How are you trying to change the order? under dining options in the backend there is an order button, then you label them with a number.

Yep, it's not editable. They are greyed out

pizzashop_0-1707934864629.png

Jacob Knobel, Co-Owner
Pleasure Pizza Downtown