Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Information work around

Hey everyone. I was on the toast cares forum on facebook and just now getting to join the community again. I run a fast casual restaurant and have a question about the customer information. The way the system is currently set, when we enter a call-in order it prompts for customer name/number.  That's dine but my issue is, we also take walk-in orders and we have to enter random numbers for the customer and it is time consuming.  Is there a work around where I can skip the number and just enter a name?

4 REPLIES 4

au79teahouse
Community Ambassador

I think you can bypass it by simply clicking "done" without inputting info.  And enter cx name as tab name.

You can also just disable "Takeout Customer Information" so system won't ask you for a phone and name. But make sure to enable "request tab name" to input cx name for their order

Screenshot 2023-02-26 at 22-34-42 Takeout _ Delivery.png

I would turn on prompt for dining option for quick order mode and create another dining option for walk-ins with a behavior of dine in so that it won't ask for any of the usual takeout information. If you don't want to be prompted every order you could just keep your normal default and manually change the dining option when you get a walk-in, whatever works best for you. 

@DelRancho10, @rcmck 's method will actually work. I just realize turning off "Takeout Customer Information" will also disable prompt for call-in orders (which is also considered takeout).😅

josh212
Community Ambassador

Create a Dining-option called Walk-in