Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Modifier Changes Not Showing Correctly

Hi, I'm having trouble with my kitchen staff seeing the modifier changes on our sandwiches. We are a new restaurant so the tickets/KDS need to show the default modifiers. The support article on default modifiers (https://central.toasttab.com/s/article/Creating-Default-Modifiers) shows removed default modifiers with a "NO" added to them. Is this option not possible with the default modifiers set to print/show on KDS?  Seems like an arbitrary limitation, if so. Ultimately, I'd love to see an option added to highlight modifier changes from defaults on the KDS. Thank you for any insights!

8 REPLIES 8

I just tested myself and getting the same result, pretty sure it is supposed to show NO, even the example in the article shows it that way. Maybe it has changed? I can't say for sure since I have always used not showing defaults.

You want to set "show default modifiers" to no to get the result you want.

I had this same issue, and when I called toast they said it never worked that way but we had it only showing them when they were removed for a while, I think something changed when they updated the system

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @picaspub, could you get the Modifiers to show "NO" again, or is this still an issue? 

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast