cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS / Expo no longer beeps on ticket changes, only when the ticket is fired or fulfilled.

It used to be the case that when individual items were fulfilled, the EXPO would beep.  This allowed our Expos to do multiple things in the kitchen and be alerted if they were out of the room, etc.  Now (not exactly sure when) the Expo KDS only beeps when a new ticket arrives, or the entire ticket has been fulfilled.

I've reported to customer support, but as with most things communicated to support, there's been no resolution or update.

Is anyone aware of a workaround for this? 

5 REPLIES 5

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @DanM-TBY, thanks for reaching out to the community!
I believe the settings you are looking for can be found by doing the following:

Enable Notifications for KDS-Fulfilled Orders
"In Toast Web, navigate to Front of house  POS notifications Notification setup."

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

Nope. that's not the answer.

Please read my original post.  This has nothing to do with notifications in the front of house.

That's something new to me! My KDS never beeps like how you described. Do you have the same person who takes order and packs orders or do you use the same PIN for the device that takes order and for expo KDS?

It used to be that any change to the ticket (Void, Modifier Change, New Ticket, Change Tab Name, Fulfill Ticket, and Fulfill Individual Item) would cause the alert sound.  Now it does it for everything BUT Fulfill Individual Item.

Different people signed in on all devices.