Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyalty Program lack of ability of customizations

I'm noticing more and more how basic the loyalty program through Toast truly is. There is minimal opportunity to really tailor the program to the Restaurant needs. 

With all that being said does anyone know if it's possible to add manager only restrictions to the loyalty redemptions? 

Currently servers can redeem the discounts we offer through the program. Unfortunately, this has led to some misuse of the program and discounts and I would like to change it so that the server would have to get a manager in order to redeem any discounts offered through the loyalty program? 

From talking to the customer service team several times they told me no but maybe someone else knows something they don't?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

I’m curious about how you use your loyalty program. Can you provide an example on when and why you need manager approval for loyalty redemption? 

So for every dollar spent the customer earns 1 point - once they reach 250 points we give them $25 off which the server can redeem without manager approval - the issue we've run into is we don't want the servers or bartenders to use the $25 off on already discounted items so example - we offer a 20% discount to all industry people (not through the loyalty program just a discount under discounts that does require manager approval) - so we would only want to apply one discount not both. Also it's the customer choice to use the $25 off so for some reason I'm unsure of a few of our customers save their points which then puts multiple $25 redeemable discounts on their account and what we recently had happen is a server applied the $25 discount on the correct customers check but that customer had another $25 redeemable discount on their account and she "accidentally" applied it to another table - essentially taking away 250 points from the customer that I have to put back onto their account. If she would’ve had to pause to get a manager there’s a higher chance they would’ve caught it and the error wouldn’t have been made. We’re a small locally owned business so we want to offer discounts to our loyal customers but we have to be mindful of how much.

You can require a manager's approval for the 20% industry discount which would not allow the employee to combine the discount with a loyalty points redemption.  

Yes, we do require manager approval for the 20% discount they're redeeming the $25 after the 20% discount has already been applied.