Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Order & Pay

Is it possible with Mobile Order and Pay to have the order need confirmation the same way Takeout Orders do?    We have set Dining Behavior to takeout but it doesn't let us manually look at order and send it.   Just sends it after payment.

8 REPLIES 8

After digging into Toast Central, I found the same approve rule for online ordering also applies to MO&P when configured for auto-firing.
Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 21-30-24 Get Started with Toast Mobile Order & Pay™️.png

I assume you are already using manual approval or user rules for approval for online ordering and it does not work for MO&P?

As @rcmck asked earlier, a possible workaround will involve a KDS using meal pacing.

Correct, that is what I have found through toast central also. MO&P uses some of the same rules as online ordering such as approval mode. We have approval mode set to manually approve, BUT it is not functioning as such. When a MO&P order comes through it shows up as one of the yellow online orders but it is auto-firing to the kitchen without giving an option for approval. I'd rather not get additional hardware at this time for this one issue. Is toast looking into having it's own set of rules for MO&P instead of piggybacking off of online when those behaviors aren't acting the same?

I see. To answer your question, most likely it will be a feature request for this and I don't have a definitive answer for you when it will get updated as I am not affiliated with Toast. However, I will be happy to include this in my next update to the feature request thread.

Unfortunately, I don't have MO&P at my location so I can't run tests. But basing off the articles and my understanding, you could possibly use the "non-printing prep stations" setting on your device. So that MO&P orders won't get sent to your prep stations. You will still get the yellow notification when receiving new orders. You can "reprint" kitchen tickets" to send tickets to prep stations after you review and confirm order. Noted that if you also have online ordering or 3PD integration, you may need to set up a different device with auto-firing. On that note, I think there is still a better way to handle this problem without tweaking the device/system.