Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid tab for private events

I want to create a private event that has a prepaid spending limit for general consumption, then add items as they are ordered to pull off that prepaid total. (Once limit is reached, organizer can cut off ordering or extend tab to allow more ordering which then adds to bill and a follow up invoice can be sent to payee)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have figured it out! For anyone paying attention. When you have a paid invoice, it creates a tab on the POS at party start time. The solve here to do what I want is to create a new tab, then move the payment (for both deposit and final invoice) to the new blank tab. This will create a negative balance for the prepaid total. As you ring up items, it deducts from that negative balance to zero. If they go over, they can charge to card on file or you can send an invoice adjustment through catering and events later.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

The closest we have to this would be an event deposit; you can also use "Other Payment options" as well.

Accept Event Deposits With Toast POS

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

This feature existed last year. We used it. Why would they remove it? Event deposits are just a portion of the total bill, it doesn't solve the issue. We sell private event budgeted consumption packages, where guests order against a prepaid total. Where did this feature go?

You could use it for the entire bill if you wanted, it doesn't have to be only a portion. Then, remove the payments once the customer pays with a card or cash.

We also have a catering and events subscription that allows prepay options.
Set Up Deposits for Catering and Events

We also have Toast Tables Deposits that allow for prepay.
Get Started with Toast Tables Deposits

Do you remember how you used the feature last year? I can search to see what it might have been called. Those are the only things I see with a Prepay option. 

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

Rob it was really simple last year. I don't remember the exact steps but there was a way to either start a tab or view a tab created when the event is booked on the POS. You could then add items to draw down from a prepaid limit for an open consumption bar or a la carte menu options. If the group went over the spending limit (with approval from the person responsible for payment) then that overage would be applied to the same booking. It could either be closed out via card on file or the invoice system would generate an additional invoice for the overage. It was all tied in with the BEO system and worked seemlessly.