Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unauthorized User" when employees try to log in

TRoomGM
Soup II

This has been happening for the past couple of months. Randomly when an employee tries to log into the POS they are greeted with a error message stating "Unauthorized User."  Once this happens no other employee can log into that POS until a manager number is entered an logged in then it just fixes itself.  We have 4 POS screens (New Flex) and this will happen at randomly times, never isolated to one screen.  It seems to happen to a couple of employees more frequently than others, but it is not isolated to these employees either.  This gets incredibly frustrating during a busy service because we essentially lose a an entire rooms POS in the middle of service. 

I have tried power cycling all POSs.  Restarting all apps individually and simultaneously.  And have even cleared the cache on all 4 devices and re-synced all data after hours when they aren't in use, yet this continues to happen.  Does anyone know why this happens or better yet a solution? 

7 REPLIES 7

We are having the same issue.  It seemed to start around the same time we were forced to move to the new POS experience. Did it line up with that changeover in yours?

We have been having the same problem, but only on one terminal. I submitted a ticket to Toast, so we'll see if they get back to me.

Yes we have been experiencing the same issue at just one of our terminals though. I also believe that it has become a more frequent issue, which happens at random. Most of my staff now know they need to grab a manager to login when this happens. I agree that the timeline does seem to correlate with the switch over to the new POS. We switched back in October to the new interface. For what it's worth, it's probably our most frequently used terminal that this issue affects. 

I finally figured out what was causing this issue actually.  It must be a bug with the new POS experience, as it was logging in employees whose email addresses don't even have access to the backend.  I noticed under device status every time I checked, another random employees email address would show up as logged in.   I completely logged out of all of our terminals and logged back in with my email address and haven't ran in to the issue since.