Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toast Training Mode?

Is there a way to put a tablet into a type of training mode for new hires? I have used POS systems before (Aloha, Micros) where you could use a training POS login number and practice ringing in the items, but then the items order wouldn't actually send. It would allow a new hire to get use to ringing in on the tablets and placing orders correctly, how to run their shift report and clock out at the end of each shift. without affecting sales at all. Does Toast Tablets offer this functionality as well? If not, it may be something to look into. 

6 REPLIES 6

A workaround would be to intentionally take a device offline, handheld would be the best option, just turn WiFi off, if you have kitchen/bar printers you will get pop-ups about them failing to print but just ignore them. Then just void any test orders and clear the print queue before turning wifi back on. You could also do this with a tablet but they are usually being used by other staff at the same time. 

Sdaniel
Community Ambassador

Hi!

A couple of months ago, I was in a meeting with a Toast employee, where he shared that this may be a feature coming out in the future. In the meantime, what we have found that works for us is using our "Demo Lab". Managers would need to be given access to the "Demo Lab" location. Once access is given, on a Toast-Go device the manager can login using their Toasttab login info and select "Demo Lab" as the location. The device is then automatically on Test Mode, which allows a new hire to practice ringing and such. You'll want to make sure to label the Toast-Go as "Test" or something along those lines to make sure it doesn't get mixed up with other Toast-Gos. The manager given access to demo lab, will need to enter their passcode on the device, I don't think it will work with just any employee's passcode. I hope this helps!

Screenshot_2024.01.22_13.57.04.384.pngScreenshot_2024.01.22_13.58.04.396.png

Sayra Daniel, Community Ambassador
Egg Harbor Cafe
Mililani, Hawaii