Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Time Entry

THG
Soup II

A server clocked out, did not leave the building, and immediately starting working again without clocking back in.  The server did realize and clocked back in a few minutes later (probably the first time they tried to use POS).

I attempted to clear the "out date" but was told that could not be done because it would cause an overlapping shift.  My solution was to delete the second time entry and then clear the out date on the first entry.  The server was in the middle of entering an order and was bumped from the system.

I realize (now) that I should have just updated the out date to be identical to the second in date and gone back and made them one entry after the shift if I wanted to clean it up.

Two questions:

1) Was there a way I could have reverted to the single shift with out deleting the second time entry?

2) Isn't this something of a bug?  Wouldn't it have been reasonable for the system to warn me that the user I was clocking out was active or to not immediately boot a user when their time

3 REPLIES 3

1) Was there a way I could have reverted to the single shift with out deleting the second time entry?
>> No.

2) Isn't this something of a bug? Wouldn't it have been reasonable for the system to warn me that the user I was clocking out was active or to not immediately boot a user when their time
>> wouldn't call it a bug. But it would be a nice implementation.

>> No.

I should have said "without first deleting the second time entry".  Meaning without interrupting the server's current clocked in status.  I realize now that I worded it vaguely the first time.

Usually will just wait until the shift is done to fix time punches. But in the future you probably should have just extended the clock out time of the first time entry (the inactive one) up to the 2nd time entry clock in.