cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiences with Toast Delivery Services?

shone
CAB Member

Can folks who are using or have used Toast Delivery Services (TDS) share their experiences?  We are based in Silicon Valley here in California, and are thinking about using it.

Our intention to use TDS is to 1) save on doordash commissions for large orders ($100+), and 2) get ownership of the customer and data.

I'd love to hear about any and all aspects, and am additionally curious about:

1. What factors have you seen drive up the cost of delivery from the base $7.49?
  2. Does the size of the order affect the cost of the delivery?  We would like to use TDS for party tray orders in addition to standard individual rice bowls.  
  3. How granularly can we set rules for passing through some or all delivery charges to the customer?
  4. If there's an issue with a delivery, how can we get support for it?
  5. Do we get the phone number of the driver printed on the kitchen ticket or expo ticket?

Thanks in advance for chiming in!

2 REPLIES 2

Hello Shone, I am from Massachusetts, we have been using TDS for about 4 months now and we are extremely unsatisfied. Toast does not own up to their partnership with DoorDash and DoorDash drivers constantly not delivering the food to the customers. The DoorDash drivers claim that they left the food at the address and the customers complaining that they have not received their paid food. We and up remaking the food and delivering it ourselves. The Drivers DoorDash uses in our area for most of them do not speak a ward of English and can not read instructions or call and communicate with the customers. Any approved Dasher can rent their Dasher app and account to some one that is not vetted by DoorDash to deliver. I blame Toast for not willing to demand that DoorDash preforms as the promise. We have all of our drivers go and now we are in the mercy of DoorDash and their system.               VERY UNSUTISFIED!!!!!!!!      I hope someone from Toast is reviewing these posts.           

Hey, thanks for reaching out with this feedback. I apologize for your experience. Unfortunately, we don't have any control over the drivers. For anything Doordash-related, you will have to reach out to Doordash. If drivers are swapping out people using the Doordash service, you will need to report this to Doordash for more help. We also integrate with Uber Eats, so if you are using TDS, you can possibly switch to that service instead.

Contact Your DoorDash Driver
Get Started With Toast Delivery Services®

This image is from the following link - Get Started With the DoorDash Integration

Screenshot 2024-10-21 at 9.39.51 AM.png

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast