Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meal Pacing

We currently have meal pacing activated with the Expeditor in charge on firing courses.  We want the Expo to have control over the flow of the restaurant - sort of like an expo "calling tickets" 

Issues we've run into: 

We want salads and desserts are sent directly to the prep stations - not through the expo screen because the servers run those items themselves.  With the meal pacing activated and expo firing - this option is not available.  We cannot figure out how to keep those items to be sent directly to the prep stations... please help! 

The servers are unable to use the course buttons to "hold" items.  For example, if a table orders their drinks apps and entrees all together, they can't hold off on sending the entree course with the course button like they did before... it all sends to the expo screen.  They can use the hold button but the problem is, if a table wants to order another drink while the entrees are on hold, once they hit send or stay, the entire entree course will also send to the kitchen.  Please help! 

Thank you community 

1 REPLY 1

When we started using coursing and having the expo be able to fire options we did the following:

I our food items to default to entrées as their course. I left drinks with no course. If servers want something to go first as an appetizer they would change the course on the order to Appetizer. The expo screen fires the courses in order once the previous course is marked complete(at lease how we have it set up, I think you can set it to only be fired by the expediter as well.) Anything without a course goes first, so the drinks would fire right away.