cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Manager Needs To Make A LOT of CHANGES, PLEASE HELP!

Hi everyone, 

My name is Luke and I am the New to officially being management. I know what parameters I need to achieve for the POS system, but need so much help getting there.  As of right now I have disabled whatever the handheld payments are called (SERVERS CAN ADJUST THE TIPS WITHOUT HAVING PRINTED A PAPER RECEIPT!!) need my server's cash sales to only and always show up as cash due to the house on their shift review...it's like the restaurant is a hybrid between table service and a pay up front restaurant. I Tried modifying the prompts for one item and the next day the test item essentially broke out in a rash. We are STUCK with Toast for now as we use Pour My Beer for our self-serve beer wall and Toast has integration for this.  I need to add multiple layers of mandatory and optional prompts. Also, we are not set up for PROMOS, GIVEAWAYS, GIFT CARDS, ETC. (only have discount and void options) Also our open item $ amount is not cued to add applicable sales tax. I have been here only a couple weeks, and it is the most amazing restaurant I have had the pleasure of experiencing in any way aside from the issues at hand. The owners are the creative type and I need to add structure..I need some serious help with all this programming. Does Toast even help with this or do I just keep trucking? TIA for any help or advice. 

4 REPLIES 4

I'm not familiar with PourMyBeer Wall. But most integration works pretty much the same. If you ever make changes to your menu items, modifiers, or changes to your menu in general on Toast end, you need to sync up the changes to PourMyBeer's database. And that should be done on PourMyBeer's device or back-end. So I think you should focus more on PourMyBeer's configuration. Most integration should have menu auto-sync in a set time. 

It's difficult to walk you through all the things you want to achieve in your original post. I would suggest you undo/reverse the changes you have made so far trying to get your devices working in the first place.

There is a lot in this post, could you maybe start with the biggest couple issues you have and elaborate more on what the problem is and what you are trying to achieve? What do you mean by prompts? Are you talking about mandatory modifiers fort menu items? Service Prompts?

Open item is the clearest and easiest question here, you can make it taxable here.  https://www.toasttab.com/restaurants/admin/menus/openitems 

It seems that tech support are pretty good at trying to solve some issues. However I feel they only put all the information without seeing actual field practices. If you change something that is not the traditional operation set up, Toast will have a conflict in the software and you have to go back and change it again

Hi Luke! 
Congrats on officially being in management! 
Toast does offer some of these services, but the system is fairly intuitive and can be fairly easy once you know where to start. 
If you need to bounce some ideas off of someone and want some help getting your bearings, I could make some time. Let me know, if you would like. 

JT Riley
VP of Operations | Taste of Belgium
Kiosk, KDS, Toast Flex & GO, Catering/events, online ordering, and Toast Tables