Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pausing 3rd Party Online Ordering - or Snooze from the POS

Maybe I am missing it,  and it's likely something coming in Toast NOW.  but,  we are in DIRE need of an easier,  more VISIBLE, way to see when our 3rd party online ordering is active or inactive.  (Uber, Door Dash, Grub Hub)    We often have to turn it off during a rush,  but the only way to do so is in the toast back end....  and there is no SNOOZE option??  Why not just integrate this with the font page online ordering dialogue??

There are many times when 3rd parties are turned off,  then are NEVER turned back on the next day!  Has to be a better way!

14 REPLIES 14

Oh, I see; my mistake. It appears you can't snooze them, only toggle; I will reach out to my team to see if something like this is in development and reach back if I receive any info. 

DoorDash Third Party Ordering Configuration Page

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

Note: Snoozing Online Ordering does not pause third-party delivery orders. Visit your applicable third-party delivery support for available options for your restaurant. 

Thats from the site,  I'm talking about 3rd party integrations.  Not sure why you would want to pause Toast online and not ALL online.  Makes no sense

I know it sounds weird to want to pause DoorDash but not online ordering. It is because we have had a mountain of problems with doordash. They are awful and sometimes the DD orders flood in all at once as opposed to regular online ordering. During crazy busy rushes it is not feasible to deal with the crapshow that is DD (drivers not picking up, drivers not delivering and dealing with the upset customer while having to call DD to act as middleman to make the customer happy, etc.) all while trying to maintain the best customer service to our in house customers. Unfortunately, to remain competitive it seems to be a necessary evil to be on the DoorDash platform.

100% understand.  Maybe I stated that wrong.   We would love to do the same honestly.   Leave toast direct online for our loyal customers,  but pause all other 3rd party then have it return when we're slower.  

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

After speaking with my team, they confirmed that, unfortunately, it is not possible to snooze third-party integrations like you can with Toast Online ordering. 
However, they are aware of this feature request and hope to implement it in the future. 

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast