cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different # included dressing for different size priced items.

I want to set it up this way:

WINGS

Appetizers (group) -> Wings (Item) -> 6 / 12 / 24 (size price) -> 2 modifiers for wings (6 wings get 2 included dressings, unlimited extra; 12 wings get 4 included dressings, unlimited extra; 24 wings get 6 included dressings, unlimited extra). 

FRIES

Appetizers (group) -> Fries (item) -> Small and Large (size price) -> 2 modifiers for fries (small fries come with 1 included dressing and unlimited extra dressings; large fries come with 2 included dressings and unlimited extra).

CHILI CHEESE FRIES 

Identical conditions for regular fries.

SALADS

Salads (group) -> Garden Salad (item) -> Small and Large (size price) -> 2 modifiers for salad (small salad comes with 1 included dressing  and unlimited extra dressings; large salad come with 2 included dressings and unlimited extra). There are 4 salads so I'd need to know if I'm doing these details under each salad item or as a modifier group for the salads group. Same applies to the fries and chili cheese fries. The wings are a little different since they vary in sizes and # of included dressing.

So, as you can see, I'm having a few problems due to one focal issue -- offering different # of included dressings for each size of item. 

Is there any way to go about it without having to make each size its own item? I'd like them all the be under the Appetizer group.

However, I'd like to also inquire if these nested mods are going to be problematic for online ordering. Someone mentioned it and it's freaking me out since I've been using nested mods pretty heavily across the menu. 

1 REPLY 1

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

You won't run into any issues online; It is now possible to use nested modifiers online; however, I believe only one level of nested modifiers is currently supported. Also, you are not able to use nested modifiers in Kiosk mode.
Building Nested Modifiers (Adding Modifiers to Another Modifier)

This video might help with the menu construction 
Menu Basics - Toast Classroom On Demand Training

Also, maybe this forum conversation might help!
https://community.toasttab.com/t5/restaurant-operations/nested-items-modifiers/m-p/3537#M1269

It seems like you posted a similar question link below. Consider reaching out in this thread also for assistance.
https://community.toasttab.com/t5/restaurant-operations/6-wings-get-2-dressings-included-12-wings-ge...

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast