cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local brewery wants customers to order online from us but I want to give limited menu.

Hey folks.

There is a local brewery / bowling alley who does not have their own kitchen and therefore gets local business to deliver to their customers. 

They work with 2 other restaurants and want us to be the third and final restaurant on "their menu".

They have their beer menu with the QR codes for the restaurants on the back page. They want the following set up:

Their customer scans restaurant QR code, is taken to menu page, they order and pay restaurant, and restaurant delivers the food to the brewery (less than a 10 min walk to and from). 

My conditions: I want to give them a limited menu with different prices. It doesn't make sense for me to offer them my entire menu and risk losing customers since they have the advantage of beer and a bowling alley. I want to only offer pizzas, wings, and pastas, and charge them a certain amount more than I have priced on my menu. The reason is because I would have to set aside an employee to make these deliveries by foot and so I'd be paying someone hourly and need to justify the costs with slightly higher prices. Delivery fees would not meet my needs. 

So, how can I go about  having two QR codes or even if it's one QR code to the main menu,  direct them to the limited menu? How can I make is so that they can't place an order with our regular menu for delivery from the brewery? Of course they could pick up if they wanted.  

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

@poppypizzeria We don't support having a QR code link to different menus now, but it is on our radar. You could create a new limited menu, but you would need a 3rd party to set up the QR code to order from it. 
When you use 3rd parties like Doordash, you can choose which menus are shown on their platform but I'm not sure how you would set that up on another 3rd party platform for this scenario.
Most likely, to create this, you would need to make your website for all these kinds of options. 

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Rob
Community Manager
Community Manager

@poppypizzeria We don't support having a QR code link to different menus now, but it is on our radar. You could create a new limited menu, but you would need a 3rd party to set up the QR code to order from it. 
When you use 3rd parties like Doordash, you can choose which menus are shown on their platform but I'm not sure how you would set that up on another 3rd party platform for this scenario.
Most likely, to create this, you would need to make your website for all these kinds of options. 

Robert Anderson, Community Manager
Toast